It took me a bit of thought to come up with six things that I could post on a public blog HAH!
- I’ve almost been married twice. Once when I was 18 but I talked myself out of it by saying I was too young and hadn’t seen life yet. Second time was a couple of years ago, the wedding was booked so was the reception. We had a few months to wait until the fateful day but I backed out… this time (being more grown up) I realised that I didn’t love the guy enough to move to the States and be step-mom to his children. I even had my wedding dress made … expensive habit of mine cancelling weddings LOL.
- When I was a child (about 7 or 8) my Mother, bless her, thought it would be great to send me to dance lessons. That was ballet, tap and acrobatic dance. I was expelled because I wouldn’t wear the silly dresses and wanted to keep my jeans and bumpers on (bumpers = trainers sort of).
- I love ballroom dancing and, even if I say so myself, I’m pretty damn good at it too, even now years after being taught (no tomboy tantrums that time). I just wish I’d learned how to Rumba, that is one heck of a sensuous dance, but I was on holiday when the class was taught that one, and I never got around to it.
- I hate balloons! I don’t know why I just really hate them, ever since I can remember. Just one of those odd things I guess.
- I’m frightened to death of clowns and I don’t much like dolls either. All my dolls used to end up in the bottom of the wardrobe hidden under spare blankets. My parents finally got the message and only bought me stuffed animals and teddy bears after that. They stopped taking me to the circus too after I had a screaming fit when the clown came too close.
- When I was 5 and at nursery school, being the tomboy that I was (and still am truth be known) I was climbing on one of the walls that surrounded a kind of pit, I think it was a bit of building left over from the air raid shelters that they’d never got rid of. Anyway I slipped and went head first into a crop of stinging nettles. My grandmother was due to collect me and when she arrived and saw me absolutely covered in nettle rash, probably screaming my head off knowing me, this shy little woman went absolutely crazy at the teachers. I was always a bit frightened of her after that.
Rules of the game - Link to the person that tagged you, post the rules somewhere in your meme, write the six random things, tag six people in your post, let the tagees know they’ve been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog, let the tagger know your entry is posted.
I've noticed that so many people have been tagged already so I apologise if I'm double tagging. Here are my 6 victims.
As Usual I Need More Shelves
The Italian Blog